sunnuntai 2. elokuuta 2015

Berserk


A brave young warrior named Guts fights for his fortune as a mercenary on the front lines. A fated encounter unites Guts with the charismatic and deadly young man named Griffith. Leading the rogue soldiers known as the Band of the Hawk, Griffith wields his formidable force like no other. Driven by a quest for status, the Hawks exert military and social prowess the likes of which have never been seen before. The armies of Midland will quake with fear as Griffith and Guts set off on a path that will bring the world to its knees.

Later Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces that pursue him and his woman, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength, skill, and sword, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity. Berserk is a dark and brooding story of outrageous swordplay and ominous fate, in the theme of Shakespeare's Macbeth.

Berserk won the Award for Excellence at the sixth installment of Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize in 2002. It has been published in English by Dark Horse since November 4, 2003. The series has over 35 million copies in print worldwide and has been published in the U.S. Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Brazil, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Thailand.


Kentarō Miura  (born 11 July 1966) is a Japanese manga artist best known for his popular dark fantasy manga, Berserk. Since the age of 10 Miura has been a mangaka. His first work titled Miuranger was for his class mates, and appeared in some of his school’s publications. After this Miura began work on Ken e No Michi (The Way Of The Sword) - his first work drawn using Indian ink. In 1979 while still in Middle School Miura began using rasters for his work, and trained himself to use professional drawing methods. 

In 1988 came the first appearance of Berserk. The 48 page manga - now known as the Berserk Prototype, resembles a preview of the actual manga, with some key differences. It won Miura a prize from the Comi Manga School. 

Having finished his course and receiving his doctorate in 1989 he began another work called Ohroh (The Wolf King) which is based on a script written by Yoshiyuki "Buronson" Okamura, creator of Hokuto no Ken, of Fist of the North Star fame. And another joint effort between Miura and Okamura in the 1992 work Japan, appearing in issues 1 to 8 of Animal House for that year, again with stand alone manga volumes following later in the year. At the end of this year Miura decided to dedicate himself solely to working on Berserk.

I'm pretty sure that nobody knows much about Miura's other works (outside of Japan) even though Berserk is pretty known manga and anime. Of course there is pretty new mini series which come in 2013 known as Gigantomakhia. So maybe somebody know that besides Berserk. 


I actually watched the anime first, but because it's end really unfinished I just decide to read the manga that I can find out what happen after that where the anime ends. The manga start a little different than the anime so at first I though that they are going to go absolutely different ways. But actually it starts going pretty much same way as the anime. 

The start is a little misleading specially in anime. In manga it actually isn't because they go back to that start after some kind of long flashback. Because the start is actually what happen after the anime so in anime it's really weird that they even put it in the first episode because they never go back in that time. In the manga instead, they go back to that time and then the actual story basically starts.


I normally can say right away that which is better the manga or the anime. I really liked the anime even though it's quite old and it's leaves quite unfinished. And the manga, I really don't like the start but when they finally go the time when Guts is fourteen or something it's starts going actually better and better. The manga isn't actually finished yet, even though it started in 1989. 

The art is a little stiff at the start, but it's get better and it's actually really beautiful if you look the latest so far. And the story! I really like it, it's really interesting and I had no idea how the anime was going to end. It was quite surprise and the end seemed so dark and all that I had no idea how the manga continues after that. I just didn't know how the hell Guts would survive out of there. But then I read the manga and well it was big surprise that how Guts managed to escape. 

Actually I haven't read the manga much, but I really want to. And I really like Griffith even though he is well... a bad guy. And Guts is pretty good main character, even though he is pretty ordinary one. There is pretty good supporting characters too, but not so good as Griffith. He is just my favorite~


This picture is a little spoiler one, but don't think about it too much. Griffith is just so beautiful in it~ I totally forgot to write more about Griffith and Guts after that previous picture of one comic page where Griffith says: "You are now.. mine". It was really funny because I'm fujoshi (sorry). And of course I think that Griffith likes Guts. Actually in Berserk you can see lot of things that can direct you that way. They never say it straight but I know what they are thinking (trust me). There is couple of times when Griffith says that Guts is his and that he owns him. And then there is some parts when Guts says "He is my...." and never complete that. So of course I can think really easily that he means that Griffith is his boyfriend or something~ ohohohoho~
But really, they are so canon!


But lets talk about the anime!
It started airing in 1997 and ended in 1998. There is only 25 episodes so it's not even so long, even though there happen quite a lot of things. I have heard lot of thing about this anime and I had feeling that this is one of those what everybody should have seen. I heard about this specially lot in 2012 and 2013 when the Berserk movies come. I didn't watch those movies then and actually I'm pretty happy that I didn't. Because now when I watched them after the anime they aren't so good. There happen basically the same things but they have cut it so much! Well what you can expect when somebody cut 25 episode anime in 3 movies. I must say that the end of the last movie is better than the last episode of the anime. Even though they leave it too pretty unfinished, but they show that how Guts escapes.



The movies are really pretty if you don't think all those 3D soldiers....  I don't say that the TV series is ugly, I actually did like the animation in that, even though it is old. But the movies are really pretty. And actually in the movies they didn't censored actually anything. There was more boobs than in the TV series even though in that they didn't censored them ether with some kind of magic light beams or really dark shadows. But in the movie there was some guts and stuff, not much.. but in the TV series they censored that kind of things (not with beams and stuff, but behind something etc.). Both have lot of blood. Actually in the TV series they did try censor everything else but boobs and blood. 

But I really recommend that you watch the TV series of Berserk than the movies. In the movies they cut so much and I think there is missing some important parts too! So even though the TV series is old, it have only 25 episodes and it's actually much better than those 3 movies! 


I just wanted to put this picture where you can see the same scene of the Griffith pointing Guts with hes sword in manga, movie and TV series. 

Overall the anime is really good and the movies are really beautiful and of course the manga is awesome too! Even though it's pretty long and you don't know when it's going to end
(if never).

-----

I'm really sorry that I didn't once again write about Animecon... even though I said that I write about it soon.. ahahahaha, sorry. It was almost one month ago when it was so... maybe I really should write it soon! But I cant promise when ^^''

Anyway, thank you really much if you read this!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti